first name dot last name at gmail.com
Experienced senior engineering manager leading an impactful cross-functional team of remote employees providing central services for all departments of the business.
Interested in a management or technical lead position based remotely or select positions in the DC/Baltimore area.
Cloudera February 2012 to Present
Senior Manager of Corporate Data Hub Team June 2014 to Present
- Hired and managed a team of engineers distributed across the U.S.
- Operated the internal data hub service business needs across Cloudera.
- Managed projects and reported team roadmaps and status to the CDIO.
- Relentlessly embraced using Cloudera’s technology to run Cloudera’s business
- Developed processes for reliably ingesting and processing large data sets critical to company performance.
Senior Developer of Support Tools Team February 2012 to June 2014
- Developed full-stack web applications built on HBase.
- Focused on backend development, optimization, and monitoring.
SRA International – U.S. Courts Group July 2010 – Feb 2012
- Created a web-based application for probation and pretrial clients to submit reports.
- Developed Java REST and SOAP web services to access business data and wrote clients in Perl, .NET, and Java.
- Developed coding standards and established code review policies as .NET lead.
- Won Rookie of the Year award.
Big Data: Avro, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Kudu, MapReduce, NiFi, Parquet,Sentry, Solr, Spark, Sqoop, StreamSets, Yarn, Zookeeper
Environments: Linux, Windows, Mac, AWS, GCE, Docker, Kubernetes
Productivity: Eclipse, Git, Google Suite, Maven, Microsoft Office, Slack
Notable Frameworks/Libraries: DataDog, Helm, JQuery, SaltStack, Spring, Rails
University of Maryland B.S. Computer Science and Mathematics 2010
- Managed remote development team creating SOLIS, an online registration and payment processing system for the SUUSI summer camp written in Ruby on Rails.
- Served on Core Staff at SUUSI, managing all technology needs for a camp with a $500k budget.
- Competed in ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest; team ranking 22nd and 20th in the world in 2009 and 2010